Asparagus with Lemon Thyme Butter
A super-simple asparagus side dish to go with any spring-time meal
Serves 4 – 6
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
2 tsp lemon thyme leaves
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1 garlic clove, sliced
Sea salt and black pepper
- Blanch the asparagus by cooking it in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Place the butter, lemon thyme leaves, lemon rind, garlic, salt and pepper in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until the butter is melted.
- Pour over the asparagus to serve