Baked Fish with Fennel and Tomatoes
Fennel can be an acquired taste. But paired with the right ingredients, as it is here, and fennel is truly a winter-time hero. Sweet, aniseed-y and wonderfully fresh, it is perfect with fish. For this Baked fish with fennel recipe, we used Flathead, but you could use just about any white fish variety, and still get wonderful results!
- 4 Flathead fillets
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tub cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1/3 cup EV olive oil
- salt flakes, ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°
- In a baking dish, place oil, tomatoes, fennel, garlic, capers, thyme, lemon, and seasoning
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tomatoes have blistered and fennel has caramelised.
- Add fish to the dish and cover with the tomato and fennel mixture
- Bake for a further 10-15 minutes, or until fish is just cooked