Spicy Pumpkin Soup with Coconut
Pumpkin soup is a great winter warmer, but Spicy pumpkin soup is an even better one! Chilli and pumpkin go fantastically well together, bringing all kinds of warmth to the table. And the addition of Coconut makes for an even smoother, creamier result.
- 1½ kilo pumpkin, peeled and cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 long red chilli, cut in half length-ways
- ¾ tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 red onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- salt flakes, ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 1 tin coconut milk
- I handful coriander leaves
- I handful of almond flakes, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180°
- On a baking tray, place pumpkin, chilli, coriander seeds and onion and then rub oil and seasoning into vegetables. Place tray in oven, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the outside of the vegetables has caramelised and the inside is tender.
- Remove the ingredients of the tray to a heat-proof large bowl, add coconut milk and blitz with a stick blender until soup is smooth.
- Check for seasoning and serve with a garish of coriander and almonds.