Artichoke Friti with salsa verde
Artichoke friti – artichokes fried in a light, crispy batter
Baby/large artichokes (1 large or 2 -3 baby artichokes per person)
Oil for frying (Rice bran, peanut or sunflower oil)
Salt and pepper
For the salsa verde:
Handful of fresh mint
1 whole, large green chili
½ clove of garlic
Good quality olive oil
- Clean outside leaves of artichoke, take out the fuzzy chokes with a teaspoon.
- Place artichokes in milk with parsley stalks to soak.
- Cut into even sized pieces or 6-8 for a large artichoke.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dust artichokes in flour and fry in the hot oil for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, chop or crush the garlic and chili with a little salt.
- Slice fresh mint and mix with the garlic and chili.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice/vinegar (5 parts olive oil to 1 part lemon juice/vinegar).
- To serve, drizzle the salsa verde over the artichoke friti and season to taste