"The best food starts
with the best ingredients"
Toscanos of Kew
Toscanos of Richmond
Toscanos of Hawksburn
The freshest produce and finest ingredients. Quality and ethical groceries. Old-world service and expertise.
These are just some of the reasons Toscano’s has grown from a small local greengrocer, to one of Melbourne’s best destinations for food and essential groceries.
Family owned. Family run. Since 1950
Kew – Richmond – Toorak
TOSCANO’S COVID-19 PROTOCOL
As a fresh-food business, Toscano’s will remain open, even throughout the shutdown. Our suppliers also remain open, to maintain stock and produce on the shelf.
We want to assure our customers that Toscano’s are taking all necessary measures to ensure an ongoing safe environment for our customers and staff.
These measures include:
- Gloves upon entry – all customers and staff are required to wear gloves for the duration of their shopping at Toscano’s. Complimentary gloves will be provided for all customers at the door
- Sanitation – all surfaces and communally-used items are being sanitised frequently. Complimentary hand-sanitiser is available on entry and exit, and surface sanitiser for trolley/basket handles is also available
- Social distancing – numbers of patrons in stores is being monitored and controlled, in accordance with Government guidelines. To aid with this, some doors, particularly at our Kew store, have become EXIT ONLY. Signage is in place to advise customers of these changes. This allows us to control the number of customers in the store at any one time.
We are requesting that all customers keep at least a trolley distance between themselves and other customers and staff. Staff have been trained to assist with the spatial negotiation. We do reserve the right to remove those deemed to be not complying with the social distancing measures
- Cash handling minimised – to avoid the cross-contamination risk that cash poses, we have removed cash payment options at many of our checkouts. We realise that paying cash is the only option for some people, therefore continue to offer this in a minimised capacity. Where possible, we request that all patrons use card/phone payment
- Mask wearing – in accordance with Government guidelines, all customers who do not have a legitimate health-related exemption, will be required to wear a mask/face-covering while shopping in store. Our staff are also required to wear masks at all times
With these measures in place, we can continue to offer a safe space for our staff and customers, and continue to serve our community with essential fresh food and produce. We greatly appreciate our customer’s cooperation in this difficult time.
Please give us a call at any of our stores if you have any questions regarding this period.
Much love – The Toscano Family