Balsamic roasted Pumpkin, figs and Red Currants
Sweet veg, tangy red currants and creamy feta. Everything you could possibly want in one dish!
- 1.5-2 kg piece of Grey pumpkin, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 bunch Dutch (Baby) carrots 1⁄2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 bunch of fresh Red Salad Onions, quartered
- 5 Figs, quartered
- 1 punnet fresh Red Currants, removed from the vine (or frozen if unavailable)
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic reduction.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Meredith marinated goats cheese plus 1/3 of a cup of the marinated oil it comes in
- 1 cup Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- Rub pumpkin, red onion and carrots with cumin, seasoning and olive oil and bake in a hot oven until tender (about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetables).
- On a separate baking tray, add gs and red currants and drizzle with balsamic and then grill under a high heat until the top of the gs have caramelised (a few minutes only). Set aside the gs and currants and reserve the balsamic juices.
- On a serving plate place the pumpkin, carrots and red onion in one layer. Then scatter the gs, parsley and goats cheese and nally the red currants.
- Check for seasoning and then dress with a combination of the reserved balsamic cooking liquid and the goats cheese oil.