Blackberry tart with Almond frangipane
Tangy blackberry tart with sweet Almond filling – Blackberries are usually cheaper than other berries, but they are by no means inferior…
Careme short crust pastry to line a 23cm tart tin (or you can make your own)
150g softened Butter
175g Almond meal
175g Castor sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Corn flour
3-4 punnets Blackberries
Icing sugar and cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Line a tart tin with pastry and refrigerate.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the corn flour, almond meal and eggs and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Fold 1⁄2 the blackberries into the mixture and then add to the tart case and spread evenly.
- Dot the remaining blackberries on the top of the almond mixture and bake for around 40 minutes or until the mixed is spongy to touch.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream