Spanish Broad Beans with Chorizo
Broad Beans are a spring-time hero! Here, their savoury flavour matches perfectly with the spicy and sweet flavours of chorizo. A wonderfully easy and flavour-packed lunch, dinner or even breakfast!
When choosing Broad Beans, select the smaller pods to ensure nice, tender beans.
- ½ kg broad beans, select the smaller pods
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- ¼ cup EV olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 birds eye chili, sliced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- salt flakes, ground black pepper
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Top, tail and then string the broad beans and then boil them for 15-20 minutes or until the pod is tender. Drain and set the beans aside.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, add oil and brown the chorizo. Once done, using a slotted spoon remove the chorizo and set aside.
- To the same pan add the garlic and chili and sauté for a few minutes and then add the tomatoes and white wine and chorizo. Simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes. Season.
- Return the chorizo to the pan, stir through, and then garnish with lemon zest and parsley.
- Serve with toasted crusty bread and Manchego cheese.