2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
3⁄4 cup caster sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 free range eggs
1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
11⁄2 cups grated carrot
Icing sugar, sifted to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the sour cream, eggs, oil and lemon rind in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Stir the sour cream mixture and carrot through the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spoon the carrot mixture into 12 x 1⁄2 cup capacity lightly greased ovenproof dishes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.