Baked Eggplant with Figs and Ricotta
A lovely, rich vegetarian dinner of soft eggplant, baked ricotta and sweet figs.
- 1 eggplant, halved lengthways
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan
- EV olive oil
- salt akes, ground black pepper
- 2-3 figs quartered
- handful basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200°
- Take the cut eggplants and make incisions in a diamond pattern into the esh side. Be careful not to pierce the skin
- Rub the cut side of each of the eggplant halves with garlic, then brush them with oil and season.
- Line a biscuit tray with baking paper and place the eggplant (cut side) face down. Bake for 30 min or until skin has blistered and flesh is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta with Parmesan and lightly season.
- When eggplant is cooked, flip halves over and fill with ricotta mixture and then press fig pieces in to the ricotta, drizzle a little oil over the top and place under a grill for 10 minutes or until ricotta has just caramelised.
- Garnish with pine nuts and basil leaves