Fennel and celeriac soup
A great combination of freshness and heartiness meet in this fennel and celeriac soup… Finish it off with a little truffle oil to take it to the next level!
¼ cup olive oil
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 celeriac bulb, peeled and quartered
2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 fennel bulb, fronds and bottom end removed
1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
salt flakes, ground black pepper
crème fraîche, chopped parsley and truffle oil (optional), to serve
- In a heavy-based saucepan heat olive oil and butter over a medium heat, and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Then add the garlic and sauté for a further minute.
- Add the celeriac, potatoes and fennel, then the stock and enough water to just cover the vegetables. Bring to the boil.
- Simmer covered for 1½ hours.
- Purée. Adjust seasoning as required.
- Serve each bowl with a tablespoon of crème fraîche, a sprinkle of finely chopped parsley and a few drops of truffle oil (if using)