Parsley pesto is a great alternative to Basil pesto during the winter months. During the colder part of the year, Basil can often decline in quality, and hike in price. So this neat little recipe will help get you through the long winter, waiting for the summer Basil to return
- 1 bunch Italian parsley (large), leaves only
- ½ cup Victorian walnuts, shelled and toasted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ to 1 cup EV olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Blitz parsley, garlic, and walnuts for 10 seconds.
- Add Parmesan and then continue to blitz while gradually adding the oil in a thin steady stream until well combined and desired consistency is achieved.
- Season well and serve as is, or as a tasty pasta sauce base