BroadBean, Leek & Rocket Risotto
A delicious, healthy spring-time risotto
250g fresh broad beans, shelled (approx 1kg in pods)
110g unsalted butter
3 tblsp double cream
4 tblsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tblsp fresh lemon juice
2 tblsp olive oil
4 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
400g Aborio rice
200ml dry white wine
1 litre chicken stock
110g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Salt & pepper
- Boil broad beans in salt water for 5 mins. Drain & refresh, then peel skins.
- Add 1/3 of the butter to a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add broad beans & cover. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add cream & cook for 5 more mins, then add ½ the parsley, lemon juice & season. Set aside.
- Melt next 1/3 butter, with the olive oil, in a saucepan. Add leeks & cook for 2-3 mins.
- Then add the rice & stir well to coat with the butter & olive oil.
- Stirring continuously, add the white wine gradually, and then ladle by ladle add the stock, ensuring the liquid is absorbed before each addition.
- Continue till rice is cooked, but still has bite.
- Stir in the bean mixture, rocket, parmesan & remaining butter.
- Cook for 2-3 min until rocket wilt.
- Add parsley, serve immediately.