One of the all-time classic recipes, passionfruit cake is always a crowd pleaser!
- 250g butter, softened
- 250g castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 cup passionfruit pulp (around 10)
- Preheat oven to 180°and grease a 22cm round spring-form tin.
- Beat sugar and butter together, and then add eggs and continue to beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour and then passionfruit pulp.
- Pour mixture into the tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until top of the cake is springy to touch.
- Serve at room temperature with a dusting of icing sugar
- Note: this cake does not last very well. Both in the sense that it goes stale quickly, and in the sense that it gets eaten quickly. So that’s not a problem