Spring pasta with Peas, Prosciutto and Burrata
A beautifully fresh spring pasta recipe. Sweet peas, salty prosciutto and creamy burrata. Perfection! Super quick and easy too!
Ingredients (serves 6)
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
salt and freshly ground black pepper
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
4 tablespoons butter, cubed or melted
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
12 slices fresh prosciutto, roughly torn
1 -2 tubs Cuore Bleu burrata cheese, torn (can also use Fior di Latte)
1 bunch fresh watercress
Pasta of your choice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Boil the pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs together in a bowl. Add the parsley, basil, parmesan and a pinch of both salt and pepper, whisk well. If desired add a pinch of crushed chilli flakes.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and add the hot pasta right back into the hot pot.
- Working quickly, add the egg mixture to the hot pasta and immediately begin tossing the pasta.
- Continue to toss the pasta for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs have cooked and formed a creamy sauce.
- Add the butter and peas and toss once more. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the prosciutto and burrata.
- Divide the pasta among plates or bowls and top with
- Drizzle the pasta lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately.