Roast Root Vegetable Salad with Goat’s cheese
This Roast Root Vegetable salad is a winter classic. And this is not just due to its wonderful warming flavours.
In winter, the cold weather means root vegetables take longer to grow, and therefore spend a longer time underground. This also means they have more time to soak up nutrients, which gives them a stronger nutritional punch than the summer months.
- 1 bunch baby turnips, trimmed
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, trimmed
- a few sprigs rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin olive Oil
- salt flakes, ground black pepper
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- a handful of shelled Australian walnuts
- ¼ jar marinated Goats cheese
- rind of half a lemon
- a generous squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°
- Place vegetables in a baking tray and rub them with oil and seasoning. Add rosemary and garlic and roast vegetables for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and their skin has caramelised.
- Combine vegetables with parsley, walnuts, Goats cheese and lemon rind and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.