Roasted Salmon with Salsa verde
4 even-sized salmon fillets (middle-cuts preferred for roasting)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 Garlic clove
2 cups green Herbs (for example basil, mint, parsley), finely chopped
1 tablespoon Capers
2-3 Anchovy fillets
2 teaspoons Lemon rind
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1/2 cup extra-virgin Olive oil
- To make the Salsa Verde, finely chop the garlic, herbs, capers and anchovies. Combine with lemon rind, lemon juice and oil. Season (you will need pepper but not much salt because the anchovies are salty). Set aside
- (Note: the salsa verde can discolour with time therefore it is best to make it just before you cook your salmon.)
- Preheat oven to 250°C (480°F).
- Rub the salmon fillets with oil and plenty of salt flakes, in an ovenproof sauté pan, sear skin-side down for a few minutes until the skin has become crispy.
- Transfer dish uncovered to your oven and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of the fillet. The salmon should be just cooked.
- Serve skin-side up with a dollop of salsa verde.