Sweet Potato Frittata
Sweet Potato Frittata is a classic, healthy meal you can have for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red capsicum, core removed and cut into 2 cm strips
- 2 onions, sliced thinly in rounds
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ bunch of silverbeet (stalks removed and chopped roughly)
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup of grated parmesan
- 1 cup cream
- 1/3 cup goats cheese
- salt flakes, ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°
- In a baking tray add sweet potato, garlic, and capsicum. Rub with oil and seasoning and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and have caramelised.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan that is oven-proof, sauté onions in oil. When onions have softened, add vinegar and continue to sauté for 10 minutes or until onions have caramelized. Remove and set aside.
- Next, rinse chopped silverbeet and add it to the pan (the residual water of the recently washed silverbeet will aid the cooking process). Sauté until silverbeet softens.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and cream together, season and stir through parmesan.
- Arrange sweet potato and caramelised onion on top of silverbeet, pour egg mixture into the pan and then dollop the goats cheese over the top.
- Simmer on a low heat until the bottom and sides of the frittata are cooked and then place pan under a grill until the top of the frittata is golden and springs back when touched.
(This recipe is for sweet potato frittata, but you can use it as a base for any flavours you like…)